Chapped or dry lips are a common problem that can be painful and unattractive. Common symptoms are dryness, redness, cracking, flaking, and tender or sore lips.
Some of the main causes are vitamin deficiency, allergic reaction, dehydration, smoking, excessive licking of lips, sun exposure and harsh weather.
There are many commercial products available to treat chapped lips. But you can save money and easily get relief with some easy-to-follow natural remedies.
1. SugarExfoliating dead cells off your chapped lips will help restore their natural softness faster.
2. HoneyHoney is a great moisturizer that also has healing and antibacterial properties to treat chapped lips.
3. Rose PetalsThe rose plant in your garden can also come to your rescue when suffering from chapped lips. This remedy will help your lips stay moisturized while also enhancing their beautiful color.
4. Coconut OilCoconut oil is a natural moisturizer that can help heal chapped lips caused by cold or dry weather. Simply apply pure coconut oil several times a day on your lips to keep them moist. You can also use olive oill.
5. Castor OilCastor oil is another good treatment for dry and chapped lips.
6. Milk CreamThe high fat content of milk cream makes it a great natural lip moisturizer.
7. Aloe Vera GelThe healing qualities of aloe vera are well known. Putting a small amount of aloe vera gel on your lips daily will help them heal and relieve the pain. Aloe vera gel has an unpleasant taste but its amazing healing quality is worth it.
8. CucumberAnother simple and natural solution for chapped lips is cucumber.
9. Petroleum JellyPetroleum jelly is also very effective in treating dry lips.
10. WaterDehydration can be the reason behind your chapped lips. It’s important to drink plenty of water during the day to keep your body well hydrated. Try to start your day by drinking one or two glasses of water before eating or drinking anything else. Also, before going to bed drink at least one glass of water. In addition to keeping you hydrated, water helps flush toxins out of the body.
These remedies are effective in treating dry and chapped lips. But to prevent recurrence, keep your lips well moisturized and your body well hydrated, avoid extreme temperatures, and eat a proper diet.
11. Get professional help from us! Try out our in house lip treatment from $88 onwards!
Pure Element- The Best Dermalogica Facial Singapore
Ang Mo Kio Blk 233 Ave 3 unit no. #01-1180 Singapore 560233
Source from https://www.top10homeremedies.com/