The guy’s black eye in the above image looks very painful doesn’t it? Black eyes can be very painful and they are unsightly as well. Sometimes you cannot help getting a black eye other times you may be able to avoid getting one. What is the difference between the two? If you have cosmetic surgery or a broken nose these types of black eyes you cannot control. But if you deliberately get into a fight and you get punched in the face this is the type of black eye you can avoid. Don’t get into a fight! Whatever the cause of the black eye there are numerous home remedies to get rid of them. They are plastered all over the internet. Let’s go find out what they are.
Edema (swelling) and pain are the most common signs and symptoms of a black eye, and may be accompanied by discoloration caused by bruising.
Calling a Doctor for a Black Eye
1. The Cold Method
The standard method to remove a black eye is by pressing the ice cubes against the affected area. Ice cube will constrict the bleeding which will reduce internal bleeding and stop further bruising. Ice cubes will speed up the healing process. It will also relieve pain but be careful you never apply the ice cube directly to the eye. Do not apply it to soft skin like the skin around the eye. If you choose to you can substitute a pack of frozen vegetables for the ice.
2. Hot Method
Within one or two days of getting a black eye you can apply a warm compresses to the affected area. This will help to increase blood flow to the tissues around the eye which will speed up the healing process. If this doesn’t cause pain you can massage the area gently. This will improve blood circulation around the eye and accelerate the healing process. It will loosen up and remove the dried blood from under the skin.
3. Powerful Vitamin C
It is important to include vitamin-C rich foods in the diet when you have a black eye. Foods like Indian gooseberries, guavas, peppers, limes, lemons, broccoli, mangoes and oranges. Vitamin C helps to thicken the walls of the blood vessels to aid in healing. Or you can take a vitamin C supplement to get the daily dose you will need.
4. Cool Calendula
Calendula also known as darigold is used routinely to heal wounds and reduce inflammation. It will also promote wound healing. It will also reduce the swelling and bruising associated with the black eye.
Arnica is a herb that may be able to reduce the swelling associated with a black eye. It will also heal any eye muscles and tissue that was damaged from the black eye. Use arnica as soon as possible to prevent the bruise from getting worse. Arnica is available in cream, oil and ointments. It may be applied 2 or 3 times a day.
6. Pineapple and Papaya
So, it is said that pineapple and papaya are two fruits that may help cure a black eye. Both are rich in antioxidants which will speed up the healing process of any kind of injury that causes discoloration of the skin. These fruits have enzymes that will soften and heal the skin.
7. Witch Hazel
Witch hazel may heal many health issues including black eyes. Here are a couple ways to use this medicine:
8. Natural Oil
Massaging with a good natural oil on the affected area can help relieve inflammation and swelling. It is said olive oil is the best natural oil for rubbing on a black eye because it has many healing properties. You can apply castor oil and coconut oil to the affected areas as well. They can help heal black eyes. Be careful when you massage a natural oil onn the affected area because extra pressure may cause more pain.
This is an odd treatment to use for a black eye but it is said to work. Potatoes can relieve the swelling and pain caused by a black eye. You can also use cucumber slices or black tea bags to achieve the same ends.
10. Comfrey Roots
What are comfrey roots? They are Comfrey oil is extracted from comfrey (Symphytum officinale), a perennial herb of the Boraginaceae family with a black, turnip-like root and large, hairy broad leaves bearings small, bell-shaped flowers. The plant has found widespread use in folk and herbal medicine, acting as a healing agent.
Here is how they can be used:
Source from http://www.balancemebeautiful.com
1. Banana and Egg Hair TreatmentLooking for a little more shine in your hair? Simply mix one egg and a mashed up banana. Apply it as a thick paste to your hair and leave it on for 10 – 30 minutes. Wash it our doing your usual hair washing ritual (if you usually use a store-bought conditioner you’ll probably only need to condition the ends). And voila! Super simple, and all natural, beauty tip.
2. Moisturizing Nail TreatmentSoak your nails in olive oil for five minutes. And then sit back and admire your pretty hands.
3. Simple Honey Face MaskRaw honey is naturally anti-bacterial and a super quick way to get soft, beautiful skin. Once a week use a tablespoon or so of raw honey (not the processed stuff parading as honey) and gently warm it by rubbing your fingertips together. Spread on your face. Leave on for 5 – 10 minutes and then use warm water to gently rinse it off and pat dry. Then bask in the glow of your honey-awesomeness. This raw honey is awesome, by the way.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar Clarifying ShampooFor those who are using commercial shampoos: To help eliminate any build up in your hair, mix ¼ cup organic apple cider vinegar (like this) with 1 cup water. Follow with your usual conditioner.
5. Elbow and Knee Exfoliate and Skin BrightenerCut an orange in half and rub it on your elbows and knees. Helps soften those rough patches. And it smells good. (Rinse off the sticky mess when you are done.)
6. Gentle Body ScrubMix a 2 to 1 ratio of olive oil and sea salt to make a quick and effective body scrub. This helps get rid of dead skin cells creating softer, more glowing skin. And this natural beauty tip is much cheaper that expensive store bought body scrubs.
7. Easy Deep Conditioning Hair TreatmentWant super soft, hydrated hair? This is one of my favorite all natural beauty tips. Use melted coconut oil as a deep conditioning hair and scalp treatment. Massage coconut oil into your scalp and then work it through your hair. Leave it on for a couple of hours and then wash it out using shampoo (no need to condition unless you have really long hair and then maybe just the ends.) Note: For you no ‘poo-ers keep in mind that coconut oil will saturate your hair with awesome goodness… that can be really hard to get out with just baking soda and *some* natural shampoos. You may want to try just a little coconut oil on a little section of hair and see if you can get it out before you do this. Otherwise you might have really greasy (but soft!) hair for a few washes. NOT that I’m speaking from personal experience of anything (*cough*).
8. Simple Toxic-Free Shaving CreamUse coconut oil on your legs as a natural replacement for your shaving cream. Talk about a simple, natural beauty tip.
9. All Natural Black Head RemovalPlace 4 or 5 drops of raw honey on an open lemon wedge. Then rub the lemon on your face for a minute, emphasizing any trouble areas. Leave the mixture on for 5 minutes and rinse with cold water. (Keep in mind that citrus can make your skin photosensitive so it’s best to do this before bed rather than before going outside).
10. Dry Brushing for Better SkinDry brushing is a simple detoxification process for your body. It stimulates a number of organs through a gently massage. It also helps the lymphatic system, eliminates dead skin coatings, strengthens the immune system, can eliminate cellulite, stimulates the hormones, and can help tighten skin through better circulation. Best of all, it’s cheap and easy. Learn more about dry brushing and how to do it here. Here’s a great skin brush to get you started!
Remember, the best all natural beauty tips and secrets are not quick fixes. They require good sleep, stress management, proper nutrition, healthy supplementation and physical exercise. While all these little “gems” above can provide some oomph to your beauty routine, remember that real beauty is a result of taking care (or “thanking”) your body on a daily basis. And by being you. Because you are beautiful.
Source from https://www.thankyourbody.com
1. The Golden Rule
Do: Make sure you always (and we mean always) remove your makeup before hitting the sheets. The skin needs to breathe overnight. And makeup prevents that, as leaving it on overnight clogs the pores which may cause blemishes and/or blackheads. Don’t possess a makeup remover? Just put some olive oil on a cotton pad and gently massage the oil onto your face to get rid of the makeup and dirt.
Don’t: Forget that exfoliation is indispensable. At least once or twice a week, exfoliate your skin to remove the layers of dead skin, sure to leave you with a more healthy glow and brighter skin. You can also apply a paste of walnut in powder form with yogurt to exfoliate your skin, as the antioxidants present in walnuts help remove dirt and promote radiant skin.
Never forget to exfoliate your skin and remove the makeup before calling it a night.
2. Sun and Skin
Do: Apply sunscreen with SPF of at least 15 that blocks both UVA and UVB rays. Since a lifetime of sun exposure can cause wrinkles, age spots and other skin problems, you have to protect your skin from the sun. Make sure the label reads ‘noncomedogenic’ or ‘nonacnegenic’ so that the product does not tend to block pores.
Don’t: Skip the sunscreen, whether it's cloudy or cold outside (no excuses). If you’re heading to a beach or around reflective surfaces like snow or ice, lather your skin up with some more sunscreen with SPF of at least 30.
Sunscreen with SPF of at least 15 that blocks both UVA and UVB rays.
3. You are What You Eat
Do: Keep a note of what you put on your plate. Eat fresh fruits, greens, sufficient protein and vitamins. A diet rich in vitamin C and low in fats and sugar promotes radiant skin. Consider a low-sugar diet, which can keep insulin levels down, allowing cells to maintain a healthy balance.
"Don’t: Eat spicy and fermented foods, salt, citrus fruits, fried food. Instead favour blander foods such as rice, oatmeal and applesauce”, advises American author and Ayurvedic physician, Vasant Lad, in The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies.
(Also Read: Turmeric Powder for Beauty: How To Use it For Your FaceAnd Skin)Fresh fruits and greens is what healthy skin needs.
4. Sweat It Out!
Do: Exercise regularly. Running, jogging and yoga will give your body the necessary blood circulation, and also accelerate the cleansing process of your entire body. You will notice a glow on your face after working out. Racing against time? Just take a brisk walk around the block.
Don’t: Skip skincare before and after a workout. Apply a toner to help minimize oil production before heading out. Exfoliate after, and then apply shea butter or olive oil to moisturize the skin.
Running, jogging and yoga will accelerate the cleaning process of your body.
5. Beauty Sleep
Do: Try to sleep at least 8 hours every night. If you don’t get enough shut eye, your skin gets tired just like you - it sags and you get bags. So don’t risk it. You can also apply honey on your face twice or thrice a week to naturally soothe and heal your skin.
“Don’t: Forget to wash and moisturize your face before going to bed”, recommends Dr. Rahul Nagar, Dermatologist, Max Hospitals. “For dry skin, use milder cleansers that are free from alcohol. Apply lots of moisturizer, and avoid hot water as it dries out the skin excessively.”
Never forget to wash your face before sleeping and moisturize well.
6. H2O to The Rescue
Do: Hydrate yourself. Drink lots of water daily, at least 8 glasses if not more. Also, eats fruits and vegetables that have a high water content such as watermelon, cucumber, orange, strawberry, grapefruit and cantaloupe. Ayurvedic physician, Vasant Lad recommends to “drink water from a blue coloured bottle”, since it has a cooling effect.
Don’t: Ignore rose water. It helps prevent and reduce eye puffiness in the morning, maintains pH balance and naturally hydrates your skin if you spritz it on during the day.
Rose water maintains pH balance and naturally hydrates the skin.
7. Goodbye Acne
“Do: Wash your face with warm water, three times a day, and gently massage your face in circular motions, ensuring that the cleanser contains alpha hydroxyl acid or beta hydroxyl acid. Face packs that contain multani mitti (fuller’s earth) work really well too. After cleansing, pat dry and apply a lotion which contains benzoyl peroxide”, suggests Dr. Zaheer Ahmed, Dermatologist, Max Hospitals. Benzoyl peroxide appears to be effective due to its antibacterial actions.
Don’t: Pop pimples because it can lead to more swelling, redness, and even scarring. Feel a pimple is on its way? Just clean the area with rose water, and place a chilled green tea bag for 10 minutes. Also, if you wear glasses or sunglasses, make sure you clean them frequently to keep oil from clogging the pores around your eyes and nose.
Never pop your pimples. Use rose water or chilled green tea bags.
8. Go Back to Your Roots
Do: Use Ayurvedic scrubs to nourish the skin, and help it breathe better. Luckily for you, everything you need is already in your kitchen. 2 tbsp chickpea flour, ½ tsp turmeric powder, a pinch of camphor and sandalwood with some rose water/milk/water is your perfect skincare pack. Yes, the secrets of beauty lies in ancient Ayurveda.
Don’t: Neglect the basics. Make Sudarshan Kriya your beauty mantra. Yes, it’s that easy. Just breathing right could rid you of spots and pimples. Nidhi Gureja, Art of Living, says “Sudarshan Kriya is a breathing technique which incorporates specific natural rhythms of the breath that harmonize the body, mind and emotions. This helps releasing accumulated stresses, and each individual’s experience is different.”
Sudarshan Kriya is a breathing technique which incorporates specific natural rhythms that helps in releasing accumulated stresses.
9. Spa Day Everyday?
Do: Have a regular skin care regimen. “For dry skin, use a fresh cherry mask. Apply the pulp of fresh cherries on your face before going to bed. Leave for 15 minutes and wash with lukewarm water”, adds American author Vasant Lad.
Don’t: Forget to pamper yourself. A gentle facial massage with oils could work wonders. Depending on your skin type, choose oils from mustard, coconut, almond or Kumkadi as they are excellent nourishing agents which help to get glowing skin. Better still – switch on some soothing instrumental music. After 20 minutes, what do you have? Beautiful skin and a relaxed you.
Pamper yourself occasionally with spa treatments.
10. Healthy Habits
Do: Take out time for yourself, and try to avoid stress as much as possible. Have you ever noticed that when you are stressed, you tend to break out more? This is because stress causes your body to produce cortisol and other hormones, making the skin more oily. Practice stress management techniques like breathing exercises, yoga and meditation. The more you meditate, the more you radiate.
Don’t: Neglect your jawline and facial muscles. For just 5 minutes a day, perform a few facial exercises. You can jut out your lower lip in such a way that wrinkles are created on the chin, then lower your chin to your chest. Another exercise that works wonders is to look up towards the ceiling and pout. It stretches out the muscles making the skin more firm. “18 till I die”, why not?
The more you meditate, the more you radiate.
You’re dressed to perfection, yet you need something to complete the look. Your smile! While we spend so much time and energy on honing our bodies and looks, we forget to express our inner joy and happiness. “Keeping a smile on your face will help maintain the tone of your facial muscles and skin. People may say you look 10 years youngerthan you are!”, adds the Ayurvedic physician, Vasant Lad.
Source from http://food.ndtv.com