15 Things Women With Great Skin Always Do
1. Never, ever go to bed with makeup on. No matter how exhausted you are or how late it is: Take. It. Off. "Removing your makeup can make the difference between beautiful, glowing skin and a complexion that looks dull and has clogged pores," says Debra B. Luftman, M.D, a dermatologist in Los Angeles for Simple skincare. Plus, while you're sleeping, "makeup can get pushed deeper into your pores, leading to acne," explains NYC dermatologist Francesca Fusco, M.D.
Another factor you might not take into account: Some dead skin cells are meant to shed every day, but having makeup on 24/7 can cause them to stick to the skin's surface. "This can also lead to breakouts and exacerbate fine lines," explains Dr. Fusco.
To remove makeup quickly yet effectively without rallying to wash your face, use a cotton pad soaked in a gentle cleanser, like Simple Skincare Micellar Cleansing Water. With a blend of purified water and vitamin B3, it helps wipe away makeup in seconds — no rinsing required.
2. Use a ton of TLC to remove your eye makeup. "The skin around your eyes is the thinnest, most delicate skin on your face," says Dr. Fusco. So if you tug too roughly when removing your eye makeup, your skin can stretch out over time and fine lines can become more noticeable. Instead, use light, downward motions to wipe away your shadow, liner, and mascara, and opt for a non-greasy eye makeup removing formula that won't irritate skin and contains ingredients known to soothe skin such as vitamins B5 and E. Try Simple Skincare Eye Make-Up Remover Pads.
3. Drink plenty of water morning to night. And not just when you're hitting the gym or you're super thirsty (if you get to that point, you're most likely already dehydrated). Hydration — inside and out — is key to keeping your skin radiant. Wondering how much to drink? Eight 8-ounce glasses is still the recommended daily minimum, says the Mayo Clinic, so drink up for gorgeous, fully hydrated, flake-free skin.
4. Add an antioxidant serum to your daily routine. Consider these free-radical-fighting formulas your gateway to anti-agers. "UV light is still able to inflict damage on your skin even if you're wearing sunscreen," says Julie Karen, M.D, a dermatologist in NYC. "But if you layer a serum containing antioxidants, such as vitamins C and E, underneath your SPF, your skin is more likely repair the damage as it occurs, preventing the onset of brown spots and fine lines prematurely." Try DermaDoctor Kakadu C Serum with vitamins C and E, ferulic acid, and kakadu plum.
5. Use a face cream and sunscreen combo every day. Even the five minutes you spend in the sun running into the mall or work each day add up. "People often only think to use sunscreen when they're out for an extended period of time, but even incidental exposure every day over a few years causes brown spots and fine lines to show up earlier," explains Dr. Fusco. So, 365 days a year, regardless of the season, use a face cream with SPF 15 or higher (try Simple Skincare Protecting Light Moisturizer SPF15), then apply your makeup, says Dr. Luftman. She suggests adding dots on your forehead, cheeks, chin, down the front of your neck (and both ears if your hair is up) to ensure that all exposed skin is properly protected.
6. Always sleep on a clean pillowcase. "Your skin can pick up dirt and bacteria, traces of makeup, dead skin cells, saliva, and hair product residue from a pillowcase that hasn't been washed," explains Dr. Karen. So flip your pillow over once a week and wash it every two to avoid a buildup of these pore-clogging substances.
7. Never lay in a tanning bed. Hitting a booth, even a few times, can have irreversible effects, including DNA damage to skin cells. Your risk of forming melanoma, the most deadly form of skin cancer, increases by 59 percent from using tanning beds and gets higher with each use, according to the American Academy of Dermatology. "Tanning beds accelerate the aging of skin through the breakdown of collagen and are proven to increase the risk of skin cancer," explains Dr. Fusco. "Women who are trying to achieve great skin should never tan."
8. Don't pick at your skin. Leave that pimple/blackhead/bump alone. As tempting as it can be, unless you've got a clear whitehead (that you can use two tissues to gently press out), it's more likely that you'll either drive bacteria farther into skin, make it more inflamed, or add more dirt and bacteria to the area from your fingers and nails. If you have a blemish that is red and raised, hold an ice cube on it for 20-second intervals for a few minutes to bring down the inflammation, and then apply a dot of a salicylic acid spot treatment and cover with concealer on top.
9. Work regular workouts into your routine. Getting to yoga or spin class can have a positive effect on your skin as well as your mood and body, because a workout increases circulation, creating that great glow once it's done. Another plus: Working up a sweat can help lower the stress hormone cortisol, which is linked not only to skin aging but breakouts and clogged pores.
10. Don't binge on junk food. We aren't talking about enjoying the occasional DC and bag of chips. If most of your calories are coming from the snack machine, your skin is going to pay the price. "More studies are pointing toward carbs as the bad guys for skin," explains Dr. Fusco. "Sugar, white bread, pasta, cake, and candy may speed up glycation in skin." (Glycation is when sugar molecules latch onto cells, including those in skin, and cause them to become malformed and accelerate the breakdown of collagen.) What you see in the mirror: loss of radiance, more noticeable lines, and skin that doesn't look as supple. Overdoing it with carbs and dairy has been linked to acne as well.
Instead, eat a well balanced diet full of non-processed, nutritionally dense foods (think green veggies, fresh fruit, yogurt, lean protein, plus nuts and seeds) to make sure you skin stays breakout-free, supple, and on point.
11. Gently exfoliate. Depending on your skin type, use a chemical peel like a glycolic acid or AHA, soft scrub, or try derma-planing (when you glide a special razor over skin in downward strokes) to remove dead skin for a glowy, glass-like finish. Exfoliating one or two days a week is enough.
12. Wear sunglasses year-round. "Sunglasses have multiple important protective effects," says Dr. Karen. "Not only can they protect your actual eyes from UV-inflicted damage both acute and long-term, but they also protect the fragile surrounding skin against fine lines and brown spots." Plus, the less you're forced to squint, the less repetitive muscle movement in that area. The result: no crow's feet.
13. Clean your phone daily. And don't press it directly against your skin when talking either. "Your phone is a breeding ground for germs," explains Dr. Fusco.
14. Apply a face mask weekly. If your skin is on the drier side, opt for a moisturizing mask that contains glycerin or hyaluronic acid such as Eve Lom Moisture Mask. If you're more oil-prone, then alternate between an exfoliating mask and a clay-based treatment like Dr.Jart+ Dermaclear Trans-Foam Trio. For those with combination skin, try multi-masking and apply what you need, where you need it (such as detoxing clay on your nose and chin, and a hydrating mask on your forehead and cheeks).
15. Get ample sleep. Put your devices to bed (preferably in another room) an hour before you tuck in. "The goal is to try to unplug, shut down any connection, and just allow yourself to sleep and fully, fully rest. Ideally, get eight hours of sleep uninterrupted," Dr. Karen adds. "You want to enter the deep sleep that allows your mind, body, and skin to repair." Night, gorgeous!
Sources from http://www.cosmopolitan.com
Could your skin be more clear and smoother than it is? Could your hair be any silkier, stronger and voluminous? All of this without having to spend thousands of rupees are your next-door salon? Yes, absolutely! I come across hundreds of young women looking for desperate solutions to their skin and hair problems and expecting me to wave my magic wand and tackle their issues overnight and transform them. I would love to oblige but the truth is that nature doesn't bloom overnight. The smallest seed of a plant also needs to be planted, nurtured and cared for before it can blossom and show its magnificence. Though we live in a world of "insta" or instant options, some things cannot be played around with.
With the festive season around the corner - Durga Puja, Karvachauth, Diwali and endless parties and festivities that go with it, the skin and hair need to look healthy and stunning. In this article I have conjured up some INSTA recipes (both magical and natural) that are guaranteed to work and give some fabulous results to dead looking skin and hair. So wake up and imbibe these spells into your festive look.
1. For dull, oily and combination skin
Massage the skin with iced yoghurt and sprinkle some sugar along with it. Now take orange halves and scrub gently until the granules melt. Wash the face with iced water and see the difference.
2. For dull, tired and dry skin
Massage the skin with papaya. Then make a scrub by mixing oats and honey along with a little cold milk and scrub the skin. Wash off with ice cold milk and water and pat dry
3. Suffering from frizzy hair?
Try this simple, quick and easy-to-make spray. Take slices of two lemon and simmer in two cups of water until it reduces to half the amount. Pour the liquid into a spritz bottle and spray on your hair. Not only will there be a wonderful natural sheen but static and fly away hair will be gone!
4. For natural hair colour
If you have a brownish tinge in your hair and don't have the time to henna or colour it, then take a few sprigs of rosemary from the kitchen shelf and simmer them in 2 cups of water along with 2 tsp black tea until it reduces to half the quantity. Mix with 1/4cup of shampoo and every time you shampoo, use this mixture. Leave the shampoo in your hair for about 15 minutes and see the difference it makes.
5. For a smooth back
Planning to wear a low back blouse, backless dress or choli, but have no time to go in for a body scrub to show off a smooth back? Here's a quick home remedy. Take 1 cup of sea salt and mix it with half a cup of olive oil. Add 5 drops of sandalwood oil and mix well. Store in a jar and scrub the areas of your body you want to flaunt. Wipe off with a wet towel.
6. Dealing with under eye bags and dark circles
Take used chamomile tea bags and store them in the freezer. Grate half a cucumber and massage around eye area and then lie down with the tea bags on your eyes for 10 minutes.You will find an instant difference in the way your eyes look and feel.
7. Instant face lift
Wash your face with ice water or simply rub and ice cube with a tsp of honey on the face. Beat an egg white until it peaks and brush onto your skin and let dry. You will feel the stretch in the skin. wash face with icy cold water.
8. Tired eyes?
Long hours at work, then shopping and getting things organized for the festive season can be tiring. I would suggest you make this wonderful eye wash which will make you feel refreshed instantly. Take iced spring water in a bowl and add a few drops of rose water, 2-3 drops of honey and immerse one eye into it. You can also open your eye a little and then close it. Throw away the liquid and make the same water for the other eye and repeat the process. After this, splash the eyes with cold mineral water. There maybe slight redness for some time but it will go away soon and your eyes will feel refreshed in minutes.
9. Quick Hair Care
Don't have the time to shampoo and blow dry your hair even though it is oily? Well, sweat not. Sprinkle talcum and amla powder onto your hair brush and overturn the hair over your head and brush from the nape of the neck to the tips .Now throw your hair back and voila you have bouncy oil free hair in minutes!
So these are just a few of my secret 'insta' beauty recipes. Use them and enjoy but never substitute them for a regular skin and hair care regime.
Sources from http://food.ndtv.com/beauty/9-beauty-tips-for-gorgeous-skin-and-hair-1225089
Do you miss your old baby soft skin? Is it very hard for you to face the mirror due to your pollution hit face that has turned lifeless? Because of the polluted world we live in, our facial skin does turn dull and enervated. But then, worry not! Oxygen facial is one super-good way of bringing back to your face that lost glory. Want to know the benefits of it? Then you shouldn’t miss this post!
Oxygen Facial Benefits – Top 8:
1. Glow With Moisturization: Oxygen facial seems to be a dramatic solution for ladies struggling with excessive dryness. Pollution hit faces don’t just look lifeless, they also go dry beyond repair. You can offer your skin the deep penetrating moisturizing benefits offered by the oxygen facial. This level of moisturization restores the normal pH level of your skin. It prepares the skin against future sun damage as well.
2. Feel The Blush:Missing your old sheen and radiance? Take the rescue of oxygen facial and rejoice the lost blush in your skin once again. Oxygen facial removes impurities with a burst of fresh oxygen on the epidermis. It imparts life to dead skin that looks dull and dry. It results in increased blood circulation in the facial tissues. Increased blood circulation increases the quality of the skin’s coat – the epidermis. Skin regains its lost natural blush with the splash of magical oxygen facial from the first sitting itself.
3. Acne-Free Face:Acne is a result of trapped oil and dirt in the open skin pores. Oxygen facial reduces the pore size and offers deep cleansing. As a result, the pores shrink. Skin gets freedom from trapped dirt, dust, oil and sebum. The end results are – Acne free glowing skin, radiant appearance and a pinkish tint.
4. Welcome Youthfulness:Oxygen facial offers the beauty of youthfulness with its amazing oxy therapy. Oxygen fights free radicals in the skin which are responsible for ageing. It triggers the production of collagen that is a firming and skin tightening natural skin agent. As a result, wrinkles reduce, fine lines diminish and age spots lighten. Thus, the skin regains its youthful appearance.
5. Blemish Free Skin:Oxygen facial detoxifies the skin against harmful toxins collected due to stress and pollution. The irradiation of such toxins reveals a fresh, youthful and fairer skin that is free of blemishes like acne marks, age spots and sun spots. Nonetheless, oxygen facial offers the best detoxification benefits to human skin’s epidermis.
6. Well Toned Skin:Oxygen facial single handedly offers the goodness of moisturization, detoxification and skin repair. The release of fresh oxygen on skin’s epidermis gives room to cell regeneration. It eventually clears dead skin from the surface. As a result, the facial skin gets evenly toned with no hints of cracks, dryness and peeling.
7. The Fairness Club:Get involved with the fairness club after tasting the numerable skin benefits offered by oxygen facial. Oxygen facial removes dullness from the skin. It triggers collagen formation and guards the skin against sun damage. It also hampers the production of melanin. Thus, the skin not just gets up to two tones fairer; it is also guarded against future dullness and damage.
8. Instantaneous Glow:It is not hard to guess that oxygen facial offers a glowing skin, especially after knowing the number of skin benefits it offers. However, it is still worth mentioning that oxygen facial is also a perfect party facial. This is because it imparts instantaneous glow to skin and makes you party-ready on the spot. If you look forward to an instant glow, oxygen facial should be your destination. The best part about oxygen facial is that it is suitable for all skin types. It offers its goodness to even sensitive skin with no side-effects. Feeling convinced about trying this miraculous oxygen facial at home? Already a great fan of the benefits offered by oxygen facial? Do share your valuable feedback with us in the comments section!
Source from http://www.stylecraze.com/articles/benefits-of-oxygen-facial-to-get-glowing-skin/#gref
Confused with what facial treatment for your skin condition? We have this ALL in one facial treatment for you!
ClarityClear Skin Facial
Combination of 5 technology in just 1 treatment.
One of our very intensive treatment combination of 5 latest technology with oxygen injection, deep intensive facial pores clearing technology, facial ultra waves penetration, facial cryo therapy, high frequency and LED light photo therapy penetration definitely provide you with the most effective facial treatment ever for all skin type.
It oxygenates and helps diminish breakout causing bacteria, while energizing, revitalizing and boosting skin clarity. Better moisture for soft, supple, youthful skin, detoxifies the skin, preventing future breakouts and promote skin health.
LED light Therapy
It's a biological active cold light, applies low energy without any side effects. It transfers light energy to cell energy then accelerate facial cell growth, improve face blood circulation, stimulate facial fiber cells to produce facial collagen & proteins, increase skin elasticity, anti aging, reduce serious acne,lighten pigmentation and reduce facial skin sensitivity! It combines Red, blue, purple, yellow, green, orange and laser light to cater all different skin problems!
See great results with the combination of E-light Skin Transformation!
Ultra Wave therapy
Deep penetration of botanical mixer into the deepest layer of our skin, increase cell rejuvenation, blood circulation and it's like a intensive massage underneath your skin!
Instantly reduces redness, refine pore & mild firming effect!
High Frequency treatment
Instantly reduces redness or any inflammation in our skin and prevent future break out!
- All Skin Tone
- Double facial cleansing
- Facial Massage with additive
- Facial Steam
- Facial Extraction
- Eyebrow shaping
- High Frequency
- Ultra wave therapy
- Cryo therapy
- Oxi Jet facial penetration
- Photon Skin facial penetration (Big Photon light)
- ClarityClear facial treatment masque
- Shoulder massage
- Head massage
- Arm massage
- Improve facial skin clarity
- Refine facial pores
- Brighten facial skin tone
- Lift and firm facial skin
- Increase nutrient absorption
- Improve facial Hydration
- Improve overall facial skin tone and elasticity
Book An Appointment Now
120 minutes | $288
Price included 7% GST.
Pure Element- The Best Dermalogica Facial Singapore
Ang Mo Kio Blk 233 Ave 3 unit no. #01-1180 Singapore 560233